Monday, February 16, 2009

Sacred Circles at the National Cathedral

I just returned home from the Sacred Circles Conference at the National Cathedral in Washington DC. Please take a minute to check out www.sacred-circles.ning.com I was there with 1300 people who want to do more to make our way of life a compassionate way of life. We were Christian, Muslim, Secular Humanist, Hindu, Jew, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist and Pagan. Sacred Circles is a gathering for people who value and nurture their spiritual journey. My soul was fed by the speakers, by the workshops and by the friendships I made. I was inspired.
I love to learn. I am curious about the world around me and how I might plug into healthy processes of hope. Sacred Circles is an annual event, celebrating circles that welcome all people. It is a time to get together, acknowledge the gifts we bring and connect in peace and in joy. We shared truth from different traditions and learned new ways to give the gifts of tolerance, respect, and hope to the world around us. Sacred Circles is a place to be educated about pain and suffering in our world. It is also an opportunity to connect with people who plan ways to heal the hurts of the world.
It is not too late for you to get connected. Check out Karen Armstrong’s new initiative, www.charterforcompassion.org Together, we can do so much good for ourselves, for our neighbors and for the future of this universe. Now is the time to act with compassion.

No comments: